bnext which doesn't wrap?

David Woodfall
Is there a way of doing a :bnext or :bprev that doesn't wrap? Or
alternatively an option to turn off wrapping when navigating buffers?

Thanks

--

/*
 * [...] Note that 120 sec is defined in the protocol as the maximum

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Re: bnext which doesn't wrap?

Erik Christiansen
On 04.07.18 14:47, David Woodfall wrote:
> Is there a way of doing a :bnext or :bprev that doesn't wrap? Or
> alternatively an option to turn off wrapping when navigating buffers?

If you step through the buffers with :n instead, it won't wrap.
However, if you fall into old habits, and slip in a :bn, that won't
continue from the current buffer, but starts again from the first.
The operation of the two seems independent, with separate buffer indices.

Erik

Re: bnext which doesn't wrap?

Gary Johnson-4
On 2018-07-05, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> On 04.07.18 14:47, David Woodfall wrote:
> > Is there a way of doing a :bnext or :bprev that doesn't wrap? Or
> > alternatively an option to turn off wrapping when navigating buffers?
>
> If you step through the buffers with :n instead, it won't wrap.
> However, if you fall into old habits, and slip in a :bn, that won't
> continue from the current buffer, but starts again from the first.
> The operation of the two seems independent, with separate buffer indices.

:bn traverses the buffer list while :n traverses the argument list.
Different objects, different lists.

Regards,
Gary

Re: bnext which doesn't wrap?

Christian Brabandt

On Mi, 04 Jul 2018, David Woodfall wrote:

> Is there a way of doing a :bnext or :bprev that doesn't wrap? Or
> alternatively an option to turn off wrapping when navigating buffers?

Not without scripting.

Best,
Christian
--
Zahnreihen aber, junge, neidlos anzusehn,
Das ist die größte Prüfung mein, des Alten.

Re: bnext which doesn't wrap?

David Woodfall
On Friday 13 July 2018 23:24,
Christian Brabandt <[hidden email]> put forth the proposition:

> On Mi, 04 Jul 2018, David Woodfall wrote:
>
> > Is there a way of doing a :bnext or :bprev that doesn't wrap? Or
> > alternatively an option to turn off wrapping when navigating buffers?
>
> Not without scripting.

I guess I can write a function for that.

--

> I'm an idiot..  At least this [bug] took about 5 minutes to find..
We need to find some new terms to describe the rest of us mere mortals
then.
  -- Craig Schlenter in response to Linus Torvalds's

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//