broken getfontname()

Bee

broken getfontname()

Bee
Björn

getfontname() seems broken is all versions of MacVim I have tried. It
returns nothing. This came up in a vim_use thread:

Macvim seems not to be reading my .vimrc

http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_thread/thread/1cdf89cd18cbd596/40f5a41c0e30a261#40f5a41c0e30a261

MacVim 7.3 snapshot 53, 7.3.1193, 7.3.1214
osX 10.4.11 Tiger
PowerBook G3 Pismo 500MHz

MacVim 7.3.1193, 7.3.1214
osX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
MacBook Pro

:set guifont=Monaco:h12

:set guifont?
guifont=Monaco:h12

:echo getfontname()
<nothing>

Bill

Re: broken getfontname()

Björn Winckler
Thanks for the report.  I've pushed a fix.

Björn

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Bee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Björn
>
> getfontname() seems broken is all versions of MacVim I have tried. It
> returns nothing. This came up in a vim_use thread:
>
> Macvim seems not to be reading my .vimrc
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_thread/thread/1cdf89cd18cbd596/40f5a41c0e30a261#40f5a41c0e30a261
>
> MacVim 7.3 snapshot 53, 7.3.1193, 7.3.1214
> osX 10.4.11 Tiger
> PowerBook G3 Pismo 500MHz
>
> MacVim 7.3.1193, 7.3.1214
> osX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
> MacBook Pro
>
> :set guifont=Monaco:h12
>
> :set guifont?
> guifont=Monaco:h12
>
> :echo getfontname()
> <nothing>
>
> Bill

> ---

Bee

Re: broken getfontname()

Bee
On Friday, June 21, 2013 6:57:51 AM UTC-7, björn wrote:
> Thanks for the report.  I've pushed a fix.
>
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Bee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > getfontname() seems broken is all versions of MacVim

I compiled MacVim version 7.3.1233 from

https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/

and getfontname() works.

Compiled on: