changing line numberspacing in vim

Chorg Heavy Industries
Hello  all,
     Today, all i want in life is simply to move the line numbers in
vim 6.3 a few spaces to the left ... is this possible at all?  i just
want a little more screen real estate, that's all

RE: changing line numberspacing in vim

Halim, Salman
I think that's a feature in Vim 7.  It's an option called 'numberwidth'
that lets you specify how many columns you want Vim to take for the
numbering; I set it to 1, causing it to take as little space as
possible.  (The number column expands to fit the largest numbers
automatically; that's just a minimum.)