+clientserver

Mike Garriss
I'm having trouble getting vim 6.3 to build with +clientserver.

> uname -a
Linux co-mgarriss-linux.eng.trans.corp 2.4.20-20.8bigmem #1 SMP Mon Aug
18 14:19:06 EDT 2003 i686x

> ./configure --with-x --enable-rubyinterp --with-features=huge

This is not working.  I've also tried editing the src/features.h to
force the FEAT_CLIENTSERVER to be defined but that generates a compile
error:

Starting make in the src directory.
If there are problems, cd to the src directory and run make there
cd src && make first
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/vim63/src'
gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -g -O2 -fno-strength-reduce
-I/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8c
In file included from vim.h:1582,
                 from buffer.c:29:
globals.h:1128: parse error before "clientWindow"
globals.h:1128: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
make[1]: *** [objects/buffer.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vim63/src'
make: *** [first] Error 2

this is because HWND is not declared.  It is typedefed just above but
some combination of CPP defines is preventing it from being seen.
Before I dive it this further does anyone know how to do this?

TIA
_ugly

RE: +clientserver

Mike Garriss
Solved.... I did not have the X headers installed.  Thanks to p0g in
#vim on freenode for this info.

_ugly