code snippets?

Mike Hansen-2
Anyone know of a plug-in that allows you do create and pull from a code snippet
database(pile of files or otherwise)? It seems like when I'm writing code, I
need to dig through past little programs to refresh my memory on how to do
something. It'd be nice if there was something within VIM I could use.

If not, does anyone know of any cheap or free code snippet software to place my
own code to search and pull from? I prefer that it run on Windows.

Mike

Re: code snippets?

Michael Naumann
On Wednesday 14 September 2005 22:12, Mike Hansen wrote:

> Anyone know of a plug-in that allows you do create and pull from a code snippet
> database(pile of files or otherwise)? It seems like when I'm writing code, I
> need to dig through past little programs to refresh my memory on how to do
> something. It'd be nice if there was something within VIM I could use.
>
> If not, does anyone know of any cheap or free code snippet software to place my
> own code to search and pull from? I prefer that it run on Windows.
>
> Mike

Mike -

this is as easy as
:sp ~/snippets

enter whatever you want there and use the usual techniques to transfer lines
between this buffer and your program-buffer.

HTH, Michael

Re: code snippets?

Mikołaj Machowski
Dnia ?roda, 14 wrze?nia 2005 22:12, Mike Hansen napisa?:

> Anyone know of a plug-in that allows you do create and pull from a code
> snippet database(pile of files or otherwise)? It seems like when I'm
> writing code, I need to dig through past little programs to refresh my
> memory on how to do something. It'd be nice if there was something
> within VIM I could use.
>
> If not, does anyone know of any cheap or free code snippet software to
> place my own code to search and pull from? I prefer that it run on
> Windows.

You can try my Vim Universal Templates (and Libraries):

http://vim.sf.net/script.php?script_id=1078

m.