color-schemes

Wondrak Gerhard, AU
color-schemes

Hi,
I've Vimoutliner 0.3.4 installed on Vectorlinux light. It worked fine, but it doesn't care about my colorschemes. It reads my colorschemes. I know this because if I make a mistake in the scheme he prompts shortly an error message. If I change the color for headings or body text and open an otl file the colors are still the same.
Any ideas what I can do?
Thanks,
Gerhard

Re: color-schemes

Bill Powell
+++ Wondrak Gerhard, AU [08/06/09 09:31 +0200]:

> Hi,
> I've Vimoutliner 0.3.4 installed on Vectorlinux light. It worked fine, but
> it doesn't care about my colorschemes. It reads my colorschemes. I know
> this because if I make a mistake in the scheme he prompts shortly an error
> message. If I change the color for headings or body text and open an otl
> file the colors are still the same.
> Any ideas what I can do?
> Thanks,
> Gerhard

Dear Gerhard,

I'm not sure if this will address your issue, but as far as
I know the default VimOutliner install only allows two or
three special "VimOutliner" colorschemes.

However, I modified "vo_base.vim" so that VimOutliner uses
normal Vim syntax groups, and therefore most colorschemes
"just work." I've attached that modified vo_base.vim file;
you should be able to
 - copy this file over your current $HOME/.vim/syntax/vo_base.vim
 - then just open an .otl file, or at worst restart Vim.

and now any colorscheme will work.

You can read more here:
http://billpowellisalive.com/vimoutliner-and-a-tweak-to-use-colorschemes

That article has a link to this file, although I named it
"vo_base.txt" online so browsers would know what to do with
it.

Hope this helps,
Bill

http://stmarysmessenger.com : New Catholic magazine for kids!
http://wineskinmedia.com : Books and sites crafted with care.
http://billpowellisalive.com : Man found alive with two legs.

vo_base.vim (19K) Download Attachment

Re: Re: color-schemes

Wondrak Gerhard, AU
On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 16:07 +0200, Bill Powell wrote:
> However, I modified "vo_base.vim" so that VimOutliner uses
> normal Vim syntax groups, and therefore most colorschemes
> "just work." I've attached that modified vo_base.vim file;
> you should be able to
>  - copy this file over your current $HOME/.vim/syntax/vo_base.vim
>  - then just open an .otl file, or at worst restart Vim.

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much - my own colorschemes are working with your
vo_base.vim now!

Is it possible to put your fixed version on the vimoutliner.org server?
(The Vim Outliner 0.3.4 is from 20th June 2005!).

Thanks,
Gerhard

Re: color-schemes

Bill Powell
+++ Gerhard Wondrak [08/06/09 20:27 +0200]:

> On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 16:07 +0200, Bill Powell wrote:
> > However, I modified "vo_base.vim" so that VimOutliner uses
> > normal Vim syntax groups, and therefore most colorschemes
> > "just work." I've attached that modified vo_base.vim file;
> > you should be able to
> >  - copy this file over your current $HOME/.vim/syntax/vo_base.vim
> >  - then just open an .otl file, or at worst restart Vim.
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> Thank you very much - my own colorschemes are working with your
> vo_base.vim now!

Great! I'm glad to hear it!

> Is it possible to put your fixed version on the vimoutliner.org server?
> (The Vim Outliner 0.3.4 is from 20th June 2005!).

Well, I posted this fix to vimoutliner.org (as of today,
it's the top "post"), and the maintainers also monitor this
list. So I'm sure they'll look into it if they think it's
useful.

Anyhow, thanks for letting us know it worked for you. Enjoy
VO! I use it pretty much every time I sit at my computer.

Bill Powell

Re: Re: color-schemes

Noel Henson
Bill,

I know. I know. I've not had much time to get all the fixes in. I had hoped
I would have by now. I just need to pick a date, say 7/4, and just get
everyone's modifications tested and included in a new release.

Again everyone, sorry for my unresponsiveness. It will get better.

Noel