colorscheme too dark (for my taste)

ahm.steenveld
Hi,

Colour schemes are a total subjective matter of cause but just
cycling throug the available schemes it can't escape my mind
that the base colour for most is blue and pretty dark
(at a ratio of 2 to 1 between darker and lighter schemes).
A most notable exception is pinkpuffy which my daughter
likes. :)

Changing a colour scheme is not difficult but creating one
on your own might not be a trivial task to most common users.

May I suggest to add some more colour schemes to the list?
I've created two myself, one called 'yellow' (based on
default.vim but with a #ffffe8 background) and another one
called 'YellowPuffy' (shamelessly nicked from PinkPuffy but
with the #ffffe8 background.)

Since the schemes are not too big I'll include the text here.

---8<--- yellow.vim
" Vim color file: Yellow
" Maintainer: Andre Steenveld <[hidden email]>
" Last Change: 2005 Jul 5
" This color scheme uses a soft yellow background.

hi clear Normal
set bg&

hi clear
if exists("syntax_on")
  syntax reset
endif

let colors_name = "yellow"

set background=light
hi Normal guibg=#ffffe8 guifg=Black

" vim: sw=2
---8<--- yellow.vim (end)

---8<--- YellowPuffy.vim
" Vim color file: YellowPuffy
" Maintainer: Andre Steenveld <[hidden email]>
" Last Change: 2005 Jul 5
" This color scheme uses a soft yellow background and is made
" similar to PeachPuffy for the rest. (Hence the name!)
" Note: Only GUI colors differ from default, on terminal it's just `light'.

hi clear Normal
set bg&

hi clear
if exists("syntax_on")
  syntax reset
endif

let colors_name = "YellowPuffy"

set background=light
hi Normal guibg=#ffffe8 guifg=Black

" brutaly nicked from pinkpuffy on clear daylight!
hi SpecialKey term=bold ctermfg=4 guifg=Blue
hi NonText term=bold cterm=bold ctermfg=4 gui=bold guifg=Blue
hi Directory term=bold ctermfg=4 guifg=Blue
hi ErrorMsg term=standout cterm=bold ctermfg=7 ctermbg=1 gui=bold guifg=White guibg=Red
hi IncSearch term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse
hi Search term=reverse ctermbg=3 guibg=Gold2
hi MoreMsg term=bold ctermfg=2 gui=bold guifg=SeaGreen
hi ModeMsg term=bold cterm=bold gui=bold
hi LineNr term=underline ctermfg=3 guifg=Red3
hi Question term=standout ctermfg=2 gui=bold guifg=SeaGreen
hi StatusLine term=bold,reverse cterm=bold,reverse gui=bold guifg=White guibg=Black
hi StatusLineNC term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=bold guifg=#ffffe8 guibg=Gray45
hi VertSplit term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=bold guifg=White guibg=Gray45
hi Title term=bold ctermfg=5 gui=bold guifg=DeepPink3
hi Visual term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse guifg=Grey80 guibg=fg
hi VisualNOS term=bold,underline cterm=bold,underline gui=bold,underline
hi WarningMsg term=standout ctermfg=1 gui=bold guifg=Red
hi WildMenu term=standout ctermfg=0 ctermbg=3 guifg=Black guibg=Yellow
hi Folded term=standout ctermfg=4 ctermbg=7 guifg=Black guibg=#e3c1a5
hi FoldColumn term=standout ctermfg=4 ctermbg=7 guifg=DarkBlue guibg=Gray80
hi DiffAdd term=bold ctermbg=4 guibg=White
hi DiffChange term=bold ctermbg=5 guibg=#edb5cd
hi DiffDelete term=bold cterm=bold ctermfg=4 ctermbg=6 gui=bold guifg=LightBlue guibg=#f6e8d0
hi DiffText term=reverse cterm=bold ctermbg=1 gui=bold guibg=#ff8060
hi Cursor guifg=bg guibg=fg
hi lCursor guifg=bg guibg=fg

" Colors for syntax highlighting
hi Comment term=bold ctermfg=4 guifg=#406090
hi Constant term=underline ctermfg=1 guifg=#c00058
hi Special term=bold ctermfg=5 guifg=SlateBlue
hi Identifier term=underline ctermfg=6 guifg=DarkCyan
hi Statement term=bold ctermfg=3 gui=bold guifg=Brown
hi PreProc term=underline ctermfg=5 guifg=Magenta3
hi Type term=underline ctermfg=2 gui=bold guifg=SeaGreen
hi Ignore cterm=bold ctermfg=7 guifg=bg
hi Error term=reverse cterm=bold ctermfg=7 ctermbg=1 gui=bold guifg=White guibg=Red
hi Todo term=standout ctermfg=0 ctermbg=3 guifg=Blue guibg=Yellow

" vim: sw=2
---8<--- YellowPuffy.vim (end)