colourscheme and syntax highlight not found by snapshot 70

colourscheme and syntax highlight not found by snapshot 70

AnilG-2
Using MacVim 7.4 snapshot 70 current download on Mac OS X 10.8.3.

On startup with "syntax enable" at line 6 in .vimrc I get the error "line 6: E484: Can't open file /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g /syntax/syntax.vim".

After commenting out line 6 and with "colorscheme torte" on line 7 I get the error "line 7: E185: Cannot find color scheme 'torte'".

Error messages are only visible when starting MacVim from the console. When starting using doubleclick in Finder the problem still occurs but the message is not reported.

It looks like MacVim is using the path /syntax/syntax.vim when it should be using /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax and similarly for the colors directory?

Re: colourscheme and syntax highlight not found by snapshot 70

AnilG-2
On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 09:08:23 UTC+10, anilg  wrote:
> On startup with "syntax enable" at line 6 in .vimrc I get the error "line 6: E484: Can't open file /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g /syntax/syntax.vim".
> After commenting out line 6 and with "colorscheme torte" on line 7 I get the error "line 7: E185: Cannot find color scheme 'torte'".
> It looks like MacVim is using the path /syntax/syntax.vim when it should be using /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax and similarly for the colors directory?

Actually, it looks like MacVim is using the entire string as one path, including the spaces and the -g. I copied the runtime syntax and colors directories to / but the same error message still comes up.

I also find that starting MacVim from double clicking a file in Finder displays the following message in the GUI when spelling is turned on in a modeline of the file: Cannot find word list "en.utf-8.spl" or "en.ascii.spl".