comma comma cameleon

David J Patrick
Hi !
I'm having another go at using VO, after getting into it (and really liking it) some time ago.
It's taking me a while to get back on the horse, and I'm quite surprised to find I done fergot mot everthing.
:help vimoutliner was refreshing to find, and things seem to be OK EXCEPT, the "comma comma" goodness seems like, not working.
I RTFMed and Googled and crawled aroung the vimoutliner and troubleshooter sites and now I come back to the list cap-in-hand;
please sirs, tell me why my    ,,   be busted ??

gosh darnit, I want this to work !

clues?

djp

www.linuxcaffe.ca
geek chic and caffe cachet
326 Harbord Street,
Toronto, M6G 3A5,
(416) 534-2116

Re: comma comma cameleon

Noel Henson
What distro are you using? Some distro creaters have made their own
modifications to the default VO installation. Specifically, what is your
<localleader> set to in your ~/.vim/plugin/vo_base.vim? It may be '\'.

Noel

On Sunday 19 November 2006 19:39, David J Patrick wrote:

> Hi !
> I'm having another go at using VO, after getting into it (and really
> liking it) some time ago.
> It's taking me a while to get back on the horse, and I'm quite surprised
> to find I done fergot mot everthing.
>
> :help vimoutliner was refreshing to find, and things seem to be OK
> : EXCEPT,
>
> the "comma comma" goodness seems like, not working.
> I RTFMed and Googled and crawled aroung the vimoutliner and
> troubleshooter sites and now I come back to the list cap-in-hand;
> please sirs, tell me why my    ,,   be busted ??
>
> gosh darnit, I want this to work !
>
> clues?
>
> djp

Re: comma comma cameleon

Steve Litt
On Sunday 19 November 2006 22:39, David J Patrick wrote:

Noel answered your question, but I just want to thank you for reminding me of
Culture Club (via your subject line). I love 80's music, but had forgotten
all about Culture Club.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm

Re: comma comma cameleon

Detlef Steuer
On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:32:50 -0500
Steve Litt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sunday 19 November 2006 22:39, David J Patrick wrote:
>
> Noel answered your question, but I just want to thank you for reminding me of
> Culture Club (via your subject line). I love 80's music, but had forgotten
> all about Culture Club.

Funny, I started singing, too.  Almost immediatly :-)

Nice day to all of you

Detlef

> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Author:
>    * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
>    * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
>    * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
>    * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
>    * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
>
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm

Re: comma comma cameleon

David J Patrick-2
On 19/11/06, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
What distro are you using?

Me be Edgy

Some distro creaters have made their own
modifications to the default VO installation. Specifically, what is your
<localleader> set to in your ~/.vim/plugin/vo_base.vim? It may be '\'.

fer starters, I ain't got no  "~/.vim/plugin/vo_base.vim", at least, not there.
how about;

djp@otter:~ $ ls -a ~/.vim*
/home/djp/.viminfo      /home/djp/.viminfz.tmp    /home/djp/.vimrc
/home/djp/.viminfo.tmp  /home/djp/.vimoutlinerrc
?
you mean;
djp@otter:~ $ ls -a ./.vimoutliner/plugins/*
./.vimoutliner/plugins/vo_base.vim      ./.vimoutliner/plugins/vo_hoist.vim
./.vimoutliner/plugins/vo_checkbox.vim

and in vo_base.vim, it says;
let maplocalleader = ",,"               " this is prepended to VO key mappings

hmmmm ?
djp

www.linuxcaffe.ca
geek chic and caffe cachet
326 Harbord Street,
Toronto, M6G 3A5,
(416) 534-2116

Re: comma comma cameleon

Steve Litt
All --

I know nothing about Debian, but could this possibly be caused by David's
having the wrong URLs for obtaining packages?

SteveT

--
Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm

(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.

Re: comma comma cameleon

Ben Armstrong
Steve Litt wrote:
> All --
>
> I know nothing about Debian, but could this possibly be caused by David's
> having the wrong URLs for obtaining packages?

s/Debian/Ubuntu/

But it seems like David is not using a deb package of this at all if he
has vo_base.vim installed somewhere in his home directory, as a deb
package would not do such a thing.  So we might be looking at an
incorrectly configured install of the upstream tarball instead.

Isn't vimoutliner in Edgy?  The packages site for Ubuntu seems to be
down right now, but it would appear to be from my Google search
results.  So I wonder why David doesn't just use Edgy's package
(probably in "universe").

Ben