compile vim with +browse

Renato Fabbri
I want to test this command, but I have to compile with with +browse,
and I can't find how.

cd src/
then ./configure --enable-browse, for example,
just says that it is not a recognized option,
as somewhat expected.

How to do this and how would have I found it?

Best,
R.

--
Renato Fabbri
GNU/Linux User #479299

Re: compile vim with +browse

Tony Mechelynck
On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Renato Fabbri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to test this command, but I have to compile with with +browse,
> and I can't find how.
>
> cd src/
> then ./configure --enable-browse, for example,
> just says that it is not a recognized option,
> as somewhat expected.
>
> How to do this and how would have I found it?
>
> Best,
> R.
>
> --
> Renato Fabbri
> GNU/Linux User #479299
> labmacambira.sourceforge.net

":help +browse" has an N in the left margin, meaning this feature is
included in Normal and bigger builds.

Re: compile vim with +browse

Renato Fabbri
Em sábado, 24 de fevereiro de 2018 10:44:50 UTC-3, Tony Mechelynck  escreveu:

> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Renato Fabbri wrote:
> > I want to test this command, but I have to compile with with +browse,
> > and I can't find how.
> >
> > cd src/
> > then ./configure --enable-browse, for example,
> > just says that it is not a recognized option,
> > as somewhat expected.
> >
> > How to do this and how would have I found it?
> >
> > Best,
> > R.
> >
> > --
> > Renato Fabbri
> > GNU/Linux User #479299
> > labmacambira.sourceforge.net
>
> ":help +browse" has an N in the left margin, meaning this feature is
> included in Normal and bigger builds.
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
thanks....

I compiled with gui and all is ok.
So it seems that removing gui makes a build
not Normal or bigger (although it
was a huge build).
New install is already over older install,
elsewise I would post :version here.
(but it is in one of my last messages here).

Re: compile vim with +browse

Tony Mechelynck
On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 8:35 PM, Renato Fabbri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Em sábado, 24 de fevereiro de 2018 10:44:50 UTC-3, Tony Mechelynck  escreveu:
>> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Renato Fabbri wrote:
>> > I want to test this command, but I have to compile with with +browse,
>> > and I can't find how.
>> >
>> > cd src/
>> > then ./configure --enable-browse, for example,
>> > just says that it is not a recognized option,
>> > as somewhat expected.
>> >
>> > How to do this and how would have I found it?
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > R.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Renato Fabbri
>> > GNU/Linux User #479299
>> > labmacambira.sourceforge.net
>>
>> ":help +browse" has an N in the left margin, meaning this feature is
>> included in Normal and bigger builds.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Tony.
>
> thanks....
>
> I compiled with gui and all is ok.
> So it seems that removing gui makes a build
> not Normal or bigger (although it
> was a huge build).
> New install is already over older install,
> elsewise I would post :version here.
> (but it is in one of my last messages here).

Apart from that N at ":help +browse", there is the following line at
":help :browse":

{only in Win32, Athena, Motif, GTK and Mac GUI}

which explains why non-GUI builds cannot ":browse"

Re: compile vim with +browse

Renato Fabbri

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 8:31 PM, Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 8:35 PM, Renato Fabbri <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Em sábado, 24 de fevereiro de 2018 10:44:50 UTC-3, Tony Mechelynck  escreveu:
>> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Renato Fabbri wrote:
>> > I want to test this command, but I have to compile with with +browse,
>> > and I can't find how.
>> >
>> > cd src/
>> > then ./configure --enable-browse, for example,
>> > just says that it is not a recognized option,
>> > as somewhat expected.
>> >
>> > How to do this and how would have I found it?
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > R.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Renato Fabbri
>> > GNU/Linux User #479299
>> > labmacambira.sourceforge.net
>>
>> ":help +browse" has an N in the left margin, meaning this feature is
>> included in Normal and bigger builds.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Tony.
>
> thanks....
>
> I compiled with gui and all is ok.
> So it seems that removing gui makes a build
> not Normal or bigger (although it
> was a huge build).
> New install is already over older install,
> elsewise I would post :version here.
> (but it is in one of my last messages here).

Apart from that N at ":help +browse", there is the following line at
":help :browse":

{only in Win32, Athena, Motif, GTK and Mac GUI}

which explains why non-GUI builds cannot ":browse"

tx++, I'll be vigilant for such remarks and for the worked-out notations.
Best regards,
r.

Renato Fabbri
GNU/Linux User #479299