completion with tags

Chorg Heavy Industries
I just noticed something in the docs that made me pause for a bit...

the completion lists an option of ']' or 't'  which completes based
on tags.  Now, what does that mean exactly?  Lets say i have a 3rd
party PHP class library, and i make a tags file using ctags... the
exuberant variety.  if i add that to my completion does that mean vim
will complete function names and constants from that tag file?

I am using vim 7.0 alpha ( runs great btw no problems  )