cppcomplete & member variables

Leonardo Francalanci-2
I installed cppcomplete, but it doesn't resolve member variables (I get
a "pattern not found" etc etc). Everything else seems to work. Can
somebody help me? I wrote an email to the person in charge of the
plugin, but the address doesn't exist.

Re: cppcomplete & member variables

Aaron Griffin

IIRC, cppcomplete hasn't been updated in 2-3 years.  I could never get
it to work right.  I'd recommend IComplete instead.

That's a shame, works ok for me (except for member variables).
IComplete is only for Vim 7.0, isn't it? Is there something else?

Re: cppcomplete & member variables

Aaron Griffin
On 10/12/05, Leonardo Francalanci <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > IIRC, cppcomplete hasn't been updated in 2-3 years.  I could never get
> > it to work right.  I'd recommend IComplete instead.
>
> That's a shame, works ok for me (except for member variables).
> IComplete is only for Vim 7.0, isn't it? Is there something else?

Well, normal vim completion works fine outside of a c++ scope (or even
c structs).  Work is being done on Vim 7 to fix this.  For right now
though, there are a few options.
VJDE works with C/C++, if I recall.  And there are a few other context
sensitive completion scripts on www.vim.org