current command in the status line

Zbigniew Kowalski
Dear vimmers,

By default a current command (the one that is being typed in)
is displayed in the status line and it disappears as soon as
the last character is typed.
So if you do: "k4yy you'll see "k4y,
since the last y executes the command.
Is it possible to make the _whole_ command stay for sometime
or untill next keystroke?

 regards
 Zbigniew Kowalski
 http://zbikow1.webpark.pl/

Re: current command in the status line

iler.ml
On 6/28/06, Zbigniew Kowalski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear vimmers,
>
> By default a current command (the one that is being typed in)
> is displayed in the status line and it disappears as soon as
> the last character is typed.
> So if you do: "k4yy you'll see "k4y,
> since the last y executes the command.
> Is it possible to make the _whole_ command stay for sometime
> or untill next keystroke?

It would be possible to show them on the statusline if
vim had history of normal-mode commands and functions to access the
history; or special variable that contains current
incomplete) and last complete normal-mode commands.

History of :-commands is accessible via vi functions,
but I don't know anything about history of normal-mode
commands.

Yakov