cut/copy/paste

Yuma Antoine Decaux
Hi all,

I had a question about copy/pasting/cutting between windows in macvim.

I use the standard dd yy or ma d'a style cutting or yanking but the clipboard is not persistent between windows.

Does this work with registries? If i remember, i do something like "ay then "ap between windows?

Any help greatly appreciated

Yuma

Re: cut/copy/paste

Mathias Jean Johansen
Den lørdag den 21. september 2013 02.56.21 UTC+2 skrev Yuma Decaux:

> Hi all,
>

> I had a question about copy/pasting/cutting between windows in macvim.
>

> I use the standard dd yy or ma d'a style cutting or yanking but the clipboard is not persistent between windows.
>

> Does this work with registries? If i remember, i do something like "ay then "ap between windows?
>

> Any help greatly appreciated
>

> Yuma

I am not sure if I understand you correctly but have you tried "+y?

Re: cut/copy/paste

Yuma Antoine Decaux

> I am not sure if I understand you correctly but have you tried "+y?

I tried it. IN one window "y then p in another, but this does not work.

> ---

Re: cut/copy/paste

Kyle Lippincott-2

No, literally "+y and "+p. (The plus is required)

Snet form moblie.

On Sep 23, 2013 11:00 PM, "Yuma Antoine Decaux" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am not sure if I understand you correctly but have you tried "+y?

I tried it. IN one window "y then p in another, but this does not work.

> ---

Bee

Re: cut/copy/paste

Bee
On Monday, September 23, 2013 11:02:36 PM UTC-7, Kyle Lippincott wrote:
> No, literally "+y and "+p. (The plus is required)
> On Sep 23, 2013 11:00 PM, "Yuma Antoine Decaux" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am not sure if I understand you correctly but have you tried "+y?
> I tried it. IN one window "y then p in another, but this does not work.

--OR-- any register not just the + register::

"aY
"aP

Bill

Re: cut/copy/paste

Yuma Antoine Decaux

No, literally "+y and "+p. (The plus is required)

Snet form moblie.

Oh. Works perfectly. Sorry for newbie question