disable switchbuf option

Sergey Vakulenko

it is possible disable switchbuf option?
when i set "set switchbuf=", vim continue jumping to buffer.

Re: disable switchbuf option

Christian J. Robinson-2

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, Sergey Vakulenko wrote:

> it is possible disable switchbuf option?
> when i set "set switchbuf=", vim continue jumping to buffer.

The 'switchbuf' option controls only the behavior of Vim when
switching between buffers, it does not control whether you can switch
buffers.

Can you clarify what you are trying to do?

Also, this query probably belongs in the vim_use list rather than the
vim_dev list, so I've added it to the CC list.

- Christian

--
Christian J. Robinson <[hidden email]>
http://www.infynity.spodzone.com/

Re: disable switchbuf option

Dasn

Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:56:40 +0800,Sergey Vakulenko

> it is possible disable switchbuf option?
> when i set "set switchbuf=", vim continue jumping to buffer.

Would you mind describing it (your problem) in more detail?

--
Dasn

Re: disable switchbuf option

Sergey Vakulenko

in help files we see:
""""
'switchbuf' 'swb' string (default "")
                        global
                        {not in Vi}
        This option controls the behavior when switching between buffers.
        Possible values (comma separated list):
           useopen If included, jump to the first open window that
                        contains the specified buffer (if there is one).
                        Otherwise: Do not examine other windows.
                        This setting is checked with |quickfix| commands, when
                        jumping to errors (":cc", ":cn", "cp", etc.).  It is
                        also used in all buffer related split commands, for
                        example ":sbuffer", ":sbnext", or ":sbrewind".
           usetab Like "useopen", but also consider windows in other tab
                        pages.
           split If included, split the current window before loading
                        a buffer.  Otherwise: do not split, use current window.
                        Supported in |quickfix| commands that display errors.
           newtab Like "split", but open a new tab page.  Overrules
            "split" when both are present.

"""
i want disable switchbuf option. I want no move behavior when i write
:make command and error occurred.
I prefer open quickfix window and click on each error by my self .
default value is "", but vim will continue work like bufswitch is
"useopen" option.
There is no difference between "" and "useopen" option.

2009/8/16 Dasn <[hidden email]>:

> Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:56:40 +0800,Sergey Vakulenko
>

>> it is possible disable switchbuf option?
>> when i set "set switchbuf=", vim continue jumping to buffer.
>>

> Would you mind describing it (your problem) in more detail?
>
> --
> Dasn

Re: disable switchbuf option

Jürgen Krämer-2

[Please bottom post on this list.]

Hi,

Sergey Vakulenko wrote:

> i want disable switchbuf option. I want no move behavior when i write
> :make command and error occurred.
> I prefer open quickfix window and click on each error by my self .
> default value is "", but vim will continue work like bufswitch is
> "useopen" option.
> There is no difference between "" and "useopen" option.

have you tried

  :make!

(with exclamation mark)?

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)

On 16/08/09 12:47 +0300, Sergey Vakulenko wrote:

> in help files we see:
> """"
> 'switchbuf' 'swb' string (default "")
> global
> {not in Vi}
> This option controls the behavior when switching between buffers.
> Possible values (comma separated list):
>   useopen If included, jump to the first open window that
> contains the specified buffer (if there is one).
> Otherwise: Do not examine other windows.
> This setting is checked with |quickfix| commands, when
> jumping to errors (":cc", ":cn", "cp", etc.).  It is
> also used in all buffer related split commands, for
> example ":sbuffer", ":sbnext", or ":sbrewind".
>   usetab Like "useopen", but also consider windows in other tab
> pages.
>   split If included, split the current window before loading
> a buffer.  Otherwise: do not split, use current window.
> Supported in |quickfix| commands that display errors.
>   newtab Like "split", but open a new tab page.  Overrules
>   "split" when both are present.
>
> """
> i want disable switchbuf option. I want no move behavior when i write
> :make command and error occurred.
> I prefer open quickfix window and click on each error by my self .

What about using :make! and :cope

> default value is "", but vim will continue work like bufswitch is
> "useopen" option.
> There is no difference between "" and "useopen" option.

I find some strange things with these options too, when using :sb
command, (maybe I don't get idea of them), I'll try to collect them and
report it later.

--
Dasn

Re: disable switchbuf option