Quantcast

disable wrapmargin

Mark Volkmann-2
A while ago I decided to experiment with wrapmargin. Now I can't
disable it. I don't want lines to wrap automatically. How can I
disable that?

I know that "set wrapmargin=0" isn't the answer.

R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

Re: disable wrapmargin

John (Eljay) Love-Jensen
Hi Mark,

Try these...

:help wrapmargin
:help textwidth

If you are seeing virtual wrapping (instead of actual line reformatting)...

:help wrap

HTH,
--Eljay

Re: disable wrapmargin

Tim Chase-2
> A while ago I decided to experiment with wrapmargin. Now I
> can't disable it. I don't want lines to wrap automatically.
> How can I disable that?
>
> I know that "set wrapmargin=0" isn't the answer.

Just to get a complete picture, what are the results of the
following:

        :set wm? wrap? tw? fo? linebreak?

Seeing help on each of those options, as well as the text
described in ":help ins-textwidth" may give you some leads.

Hope this helps you out...

Re: disable wrapmargin

>A while ago I decided to experiment with wrapmargin. Now I can't
> disable it. I don't want lines to wrap automatically. How can I
> disable that?
>
> I know that "set wrapmargin=0" isn't the answer.
>
> --
> R. Mark Volkmann
> Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

To avoid line wrap

    :set nowrap textwidth=0 wrapmargin=0

To wrap lines at the window edge

    :set wrap nolinebreak textwidth=0 wrapmargin=0

To wrap lines at a space character (without an actual line break)

    :set wrap linebreak

To break lines (insert a hard line break) and make them <= 80

    :set textwidth=80

    (this won't reformat already-existing text)

etc.

See
    :help 'wrap'
    :help 'linebreak'