display warning msg a little longer or until another keypress

display warning msg a little longer or until another keypress

M Kelly
Hi everyone,

An example of this would be when I have shm-=s and I search for a string, when it wraps I get the warning msg "search hit BOTTOM, continuing at TOP" and I have changed my WarngingMsg highlight to make this easier to see, but without disabling wrapscan, I often find the warning msg disappears so fast that I didn't realize I wrapped until I see the line numbers, etc.
Does anyone know of a way to get the warning msg to display a little longer or require an additional n/N or some such keypress to then continue on ?

thx for everything vim,
-m

Re: display warning msg a little longer or until another keypress

M Kelly
Hi,

In search.c if I add the ui_delay() call in three places,
it pretty much does what I am looking for:

    give_warning((char_u *)_(top_bot_msg), TRUE);
+   ui_delay(p_mat * 100L, TRUE);

And then I set matchtime=3 for example.
Cool imho if there could be some kind of wrapscan/warning timeout
or keypress to continue setting.

thx,
-m

Re: display warning msg a little longer or until another keypress

Benjamin Fritz
I've been using this for a while:

https://github.com/vim/vim/pull/1009