duplicate end line spacing on next line

ericmsmith
My vim automatically duplicates certain symbols or indents on the
following line when I pres enter.
Is there a standard and efficient way to do the same thing but
this time duplicating the number of spaces at the end of the line?

(I use the number of spaces on line end to give different
highlighting).

--
Eric Smith