eRuby and matchit

Doug Kearns
Tim,

I noticed this recent ChangeLog entry.

2002-03-09  Tim Pope  <[hidden email]>

        * ftplugin/ruby.vim: Skip class= and for= with matchit (really
          belongs in ftplugin/eruby.vim).

I've actually got a patch lying around for eRuby which I'll post later
that attempts to fix this by joining both the b:match_words and
b:match_skip values.  One of the problems with this approach, which I've
mentioned to Benji, is having to parse the s:, S:, r: and R:
abbreviations for b:match_skip.

This is a good example of where the 'magic' approach to the eRuby
filetype breaks down as, from memory, I had to manually add a couple of
extra HTML syntax groups to skip. :)

Regards,
Doug

Re: eRuby and matchit

Hugh Sasse
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Doug Kearns wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I noticed this recent ChangeLog entry.
>
> 2002-03-09  Tim Pope  <[hidden email]>
>
> * ftplugin/ruby.vim: Skip class= and for= with matchit (really
>  belongs in ftplugin/eruby.vim).
>
> I've actually got a patch lying around for eRuby which I'll post later
> that attempts to fix this by joining both the b:match_words and
> b:match_skip values.  One of the problems with this approach, which I've
> mentioned to Benji, is having to parse the s:, S:, r: and R:
> abbreviations for b:match_skip.

Yes, the C embedded in Ruby stuff that I posted has a problem in that
any "if" in the C upsets the searches for mmatching (class|def|if|...)...end
in the surrounding ruby, but not as far as colouring is concerned, only
as far as % is concerned.  I wouldn't know where to start fixing that.

        Hugh