Quantcast

encoding chars

Ni Va
Hi,

Launchine this king of command in windows 10 french : OutSay robocopy /? I got these characters :

 D<82>but<ff>: samedi 25 mars 2017 14:45:39

instead of  Début<ff>: samedi 25 mars 2017 14:45:39.

Nota#1 : command! -nargs=+ OutSay            :let g:out=system(<q-args>) | enew | put=g:out

Nota#2 : my version is in attachment and I have +iconv/dyn option

Untitled.html (16K) Download Attachment
Untitled.html (16K) Download Attachment

Re: encoding chars

L. A. Walsh
Ni Va wrote:
> Hi,

Bonjour!
>  D<82>but<ff>: samedi 25 mars 2017 14:45:39

The <82> you have in the 1st line is a small letter 'e'
with acute in the "DOS: Western Europe" locale (and
character encoding).
> instead of  Début<ff>: samedi 25 mars 2017 14:45:39

In the 2nd line, you have the acute-lowercase-e displayed
using UTF-8 encoded Unicode, which you say looks correct.

This means that your TTY-window (cmd.exe) is displaying text
using a non unicode encoding.

Maybe try starting cmd.exe with a "/u" flag, though Microsoft's
cmd.exe isn't great about displaying unicode characters.

Also, in cmd.exe, you could try the command:

chcp 65001...

Might want to look into some alternate console
program, but i'm not sure what to suggest.

Sorry couldn't be more help, but at least thought
I'd mention what little i did know... ;-)