encryption with vim

Mathieu
Hello,

I use encryption with vim.
I just do :X
and then i write 2 times my password.
After my file is crypted.

1) What about now, if i want to cancel encryption (i don't want
password anymore).
If i try    set key=
it does not work: again the same password when i open vim again.

2) And what about now if i want to change password?
If i do :X in the open file, and enter 2 times my new password, it is
the same... when i close the file and open it again, only the old
password is ok.

Best regards,
Mathieu

Re: encryption with vim

Paul-7
On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:59:51AM +0200, Mathieu Roux wrote:

>I use encryption with vim.
>I just do :X
>and then i write 2 times my password.
>After my file is crypted.
>
>1) What about now, if i want to cancel encryption (i don't want
>password anymore).
>If i try    set key=
>it does not work: again the same password when i open vim again.
>
>2) And what about now if i want to change password?
>If i do :X in the open file, and enter 2 times my new password, it is
>the same... when i close the file and open it again, only the old
>password is ok.
Yank and paste to a new buffer/file?

Re: encryption with vim

Mathieu Roux wrote:

> I use encryption with vim.
> I just do :X
> and then i write 2 times my password.
> After my file is crypted.
>
> 1) What about now, if i want to cancel encryption (i don't want
> password anymore).
> If i try    set key=
> it does not work: again the same password when i open vim again.

You need to write the file:
        :set key=
        :write

> 2) And what about now if i want to change password?
> If i do :X in the open file, and enter 2 times my new password, it is
> the same... when i close the file and open it again, only the old
> password is ok.

Sounds like you are missing the write here as well.

216. Your pet rock leaves home.

Re: encryption with vim

Mathieu
hmmmm it was so simple in fact...