'f','t','F','T' til word/regex instead of char

'f','t','F','T' til word/regex instead of char

meino.cramer

Hi,

with the movements f,F,t,T one can determine a certain point in a
line, at which a movement of the cursor should end.
This point is given by a single character.

Is it possible to specifiy a regex or string instead of a single
character for the same purpose without makeing a akademic adventure
from it ? :) :)) ;)))

(or am I a little blinded by the bright light of vim? :)

Best regards,
Meino

Re: 'f','t','F','T' til word/regex instead of char

Eric Christopherson
On Tue, Feb 02, 2016, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with the movements f,F,t,T one can determine a certain point in a
> line, at which a movement of the cursor should end.
> This point is given by a single character.
>
> Is it possible to specifiy a regex or string instead of a single
> character for the same purpose without makeing a akademic adventure
> from it ? :) :)) ;)))
>
> (or am I a little blinded by the bright light of vim? :)

You can use /foo as a motion; the motion will be taken up to just before
the start of the matched text. ?foo as a motion goes backward to the
beginning of the matched text. I wish there were ways to duplicate the
tT/fF distinction in those cases.

--
        Eric Christopherson

Re: 'f','t','F','T' til word/regex instead of char

Sven Guckes-3
* Eric Christopherson <[hidden email]> [2016-02-02 07:23]:

> On Tue, Feb 02, 2016, [hidden email] wrote:
> > with the movements f,F,t,T one can determine a certain point
> > in a line, at which a movement of the cursor should end.
> > This point is given by a single character.
> > Is it possible to specifiy a regex or string instead
> > of a single character for the same purpose without
> > makeing a akademic adventure from it ? :) :)) ;)))
> > (or am I a little blinded by the bright light of vim? :)
> You can use /foo as a motion; the motion will be taken up
> to just before the start of the matched text. ?foo as a
> motion goes backward to the beginning of the matched text.
> I wish there were ways to duplicate
> the tT/fF distinction in those cases.

distinction - as in "stop before the match"?

examples:   /foo/b+1  ?foo?e
    :help search-offset

Sven

Re: 'f','t','F','T' til word/regex instead of char

Christian Brabandt
On Di, 02 Feb 2016, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with the movements f,F,t,T one can determine a certain point in a
> line, at which a movement of the cursor should end.
> This point is given by a single character.
>
> Is it possible to specifiy a regex or string instead of a single
> character for the same purpose without makeing a akademic adventure
> from it ? :) :)) ;)))
>
> (or am I a little blinded by the bright light of vim? :)

User / instead of f/t/F/T?

There exists several plugins that internally remap the f command to /

Best,
Christian
--
Herr Ober, haben Sie Froschschenkel?