fantom programming language syntax file

Kamil Toman
Hi,

I adapted the Java syntax file for vim to support syntax coloring for
the Fantom Programming Language (http://fantom.org).
Using the rule below in filetype.vim it worked fine for me:

" Fantom
au BufNewFile,BufRead *.fan,*.fwt               setf fan

It would be great if this syntax file could be included in vim
distribution. Please CC me if you had any comments I'm not subscribed
to this list.

Best regards,
Kamil Toman

fan.vim (7K) Download Attachment

Re: fantom programming language syntax file

Bram Moolenaar

Kamil Toman wrote:

> I adapted the Java syntax file for vim to support syntax coloring for
> the Fantom Programming Language (http://fantom.org).
> Using the rule below in filetype.vim it worked fine for me:
>
> " Fantom
> au BufNewFile,BufRead *.fan,*.fwt               setf fan
>
> It would be great if this syntax file could be included in vim
> distribution. Please CC me if you had any comments I'm not subscribed
> to this list.

Should be OK, just a few remarks.

Please add your name and contact information to the header.

The "if" before the "hi def link" lines are not needed.  Nobody should
be using Vim 5.8 now.

You set main_syntax, but since there are no included files that is
pointless.

--
A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost.