file dialog

John Doe-4
Is it possible to invoke a file selection dialog from
a script, perhaps with a pattern, which would then
return the file selection of the user to the script?

OT: Do you know of any nice windows app that would
turn an ordinary app into a service?

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: file dialog

A.J.Mechelynck
John Doe wrote:
> Is it possible to invoke a file selection dialog from
> a script, perhaps with a pattern, which would then
> return the file selection of the user to the script?

I'm not sure I understand the question; but the answer, if any, is under
":help :browse"

> OT: Do you know of any nice windows app that would
> turn an ordinary app into a service?

No I don't.

[advert snipped]