font size

linda.s
I changed the font size in .vimrc, but why it does not work in vim
files? instead, it works in gvim files?
Linda.

Re: font size

Marian Csontos
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 10:44:45 +0100, linda.s <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I changed the font size in .vimrc, but why it does not work in vim
> files? instead, it works in gvim files?
> Linda.

Hi Linda,

it's because vim is terminal only version, instead of changing font size
in vimrc you shuold change your console window font.

Regards,

-- Marian

________ Information from NOD32 ________
  part000.txt - is OK
http://www.nod32.com

Re: font size

linda.s wrote:
> I changed the font size in .vimrc, but why it does not work in vim
> files? instead, it works in gvim files?
> Linda.

Vim is the "console" version, it uses whatever font is handed to it by
the video terminal (or terminal emulator) in which it is running.

When running in a Windows "Dos Box", to change Vim's font size, click
the "V" icon at the left end of the titlebar (or hit Alt-Space or use
":simalt ~" without the quotes), then "Properties", then use the "Font"
tab, change anything you want there, and finally "OK".

I suppose there are similar procedures for Linux, Mac, et al., but I'm
on Windows at the moment.