gmail for the vim list

Don Stefani
Hello,

I have started using gmail to deal with the large amount of mail on
this list and I couldn't be happier with it. It keeps things organized
and I can 'star' any thread that I want to. It's very cool, works
perfect for this.

I'm not sure how one would sign up for gmail other than invites, but
if anyone here is interested, I have 50 invites here in my gmail web
client. Just post a request here and I'll be glad to send you one.

I'll only be around until Saturday so if you post to this after
Saturday, I won't be responding for a week.

Thanks again for all the great help.

- dstefani

Re: gmail for the vim list

Neil Watson
On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 10:01:40AM -0700, Don Stefani wrote:
>I have started using gmail to deal with the large amount of mail on
>this list and I couldn't be happier with it. It keeps things organized
>and I can 'star' any thread that I want to. It's very cool, works
>perfect for this.

Mutt (www.mutt.org) is what I use for all of my mail including multiple
mailing lists.  I have found nothing faster.

--
Neil Watson               | Gentoo Linux
Network Administrator     | Uptime 34 days
http://watson-wilson.ca   | 2.6.11.4 AMD Athlon(tm) MP 2000+ x 2

Re: gmail for the vim list

t. scott urban
On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 10:01 -0700, Don Stefani wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have started using gmail to deal with the large amount of mail on
> this list and I couldn't be happier with it. It keeps things organized
> and I can 'star' any thread that I want to. It's very cool, works
> perfect for this.
>
> I'm not sure how one would sign up for gmail other than invites, but
> if anyone here is interested, I have 50 invites here in my gmail web
> client. Just post a request here and I'll be glad to send you one.

I'd like one if you'd be so kind, thanks.

t. scott urban <[hidden email]>

Re: gmail for the vim list

R Sam
I also have 50 invites to offer if anybody is interested. Works great, is
fast and has good SPAM filter.

-Sam

On 7/14/05, t. scott urban <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 10:01 -0700, Don Stefani wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have started using gmail to deal with the large amount of mail on
> > this list and I couldn't be happier with it. It keeps things organized
> > and I can 'star' any thread that I want to. It's very cool, works
> > perfect for this.
> >
> > I'm not sure how one would sign up for gmail other than invites, but
> > if anyone here is interested, I have 50 invites here in my gmail web
> > client. Just post a request here and I'll be glad to send you one.
> >

> I'd like one if you'd be so kind, thanks.
>

> --
> t. scott urban <[hidden email]>

Re: gmail for the vim list

Don Stefani
I knew I couldn't have been the only one who was using it for this.

if you could though, now that we have 2 possible invite sources, ask
for one from the person by name, so we don't send out duplicates.

Thanks!

- dstefani

On 7/14/05, R Sam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I also have 50 invites to offer if anybody is interested. Works great, is
> fast and has good SPAM filter.
>
> -Sam
>
> On 7/14/05, t. scott urban <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 10:01 -0700, Don Stefani wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have started using gmail to deal with the large amount of mail on
> > > this list and I couldn't be happier with it. It keeps things organized
> > > and I can 'star' any thread that I want to. It's very cool, works
> > > perfect for this.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure how one would sign up for gmail other than invites, but
> > > if anyone here is interested, I have 50 invites here in my gmail web
> > > client. Just post a request here and I'll be glad to send you one.
> > >

> > I'd like one if you'd be so kind, thanks.
> >

> > --
> > t. scott urban <[hidden email]>

RE: gmail for the vim list

Goli, Rajesh (Rajesh)
I have 50 invites too :-)

-Rajesh

I also have 50 invites to offer if anybody is interested. Works great, is
fast and has good SPAM filter.

-Sam

On 7/14/05, t. scott urban <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 10:01 -0700, Don Stefani wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have started using gmail to deal with the large amount of mail on
> > this list and I couldn't be happier with it. It keeps things organized
> > and I can 'star' any thread that I want to. It's very cool, works
> > perfect for this.
> >
> > I'm not sure how one would sign up for gmail other than invites, but
> > if anyone here is interested, I have 50 invites here in my gmail web
> > client. Just post a request here and I'll be glad to send you one.
> >

> I'd like one if you'd be so kind, thanks.
>

> --
> t. scott urban <[hidden email]>

RE: gmail for the vim list

Nunez, Luis
Hello Sam,

I'll gladly accept an invite from you.  Thx,

Luis Núñez

P.S. - Thank you Don for initiating this offer.