gmail users - RE:spamgourmet

Dominic Evans
It is not obvious for us gmail users how you blacklist a sender so
that their emails go directly to the trash without you having to see
or hear them :) Marking as spam marks the whole conversation as spam.

The way I am using is to create the following filter:

Matches: from:(*@spamgourmet.com)
Do this: Skip Inbox, Move to Deleted Items

This only deletes spamgourmet messages rather than the whole convo.

Cheers,
Dom

Re: gmail users - RE:spamgourmet

James Vega-3
On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 04:48:08PM +0100, Dominic Evans wrote:

> It is not obvious for us gmail users how you blacklist a sender so
> that their emails go directly to the trash without you having to see
> or hear them :) Marking as spam marks the whole conversation as spam.
>
> The way I am using is to create the following filter:
>
> Matches: from:(*@spamgourmet.com)
> Do this: Skip Inbox, Move to Deleted Items
>
> This only deletes spamgourmet messages rather than the whole convo.
I find it odd that you are willing to trash any emails from spamgourmet
because one user's email is bouncing.  Would you do the same if you were
repeatedly getting a bounce from one user that had a gmail address?
This scenario is no different except that there's a misconception about
who's generating the bounces.

Spamgourmet does not bounce emails once the alias has reached its
threshold.  They are essentially sent to /dev/null instead of being
forwarded on to the user.

mxbn01.dpwnbc.net is attempting to send the email to exbn01.dpeb.de.
exbn01.dpeb.de is the one bouncing the email.  Neither of these domains
are associated with Spamgourmet.

James
--
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <[hidden email]>