grep.vim

Denis Perelyubskiy
Hello,

Finally got grep.vim working on my system

Love the script, so Yegappan, if you are reading this - THANKS!

I do have at least one thing that annoys me: lack of history of
file patterns and starting directories.

So, before I set out to add these things to the script - has
anyone already done something like this?

thanks,

denis
--
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <lists at overwhelmTAKECAPITALSOUT dot net>
// icq   : 12359698

Re: grep.vim

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hello,

On 8/10/05, Denis Perelyubskiy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Finally got grep.vim working on my system
> http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=311
>
> I do have at least one thing that annoys me: lack of history of
> file patterns and starting directories.

You should be able to recall the previous file patterns and starting
directories using the Vim input line history. Did you try pressing
the <Up> and <Down> arrow keys at the input prompt?

- Yegappan

> So, before I set out to add these things to the script - has
> anyone already done something like this?

Re: grep.vim

Denis Perelyubskiy
Hi,

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:39:15 -0700, "Yegappan Lakshmanan"
<[hidden email]> said:

> On 8/10/05, Denis Perelyubskiy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Finally got grep.vim working on my system
> > http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=311
> >
> > I do have at least one thing that annoys me: lack of history of
> > file patterns and starting directories.
> >

> You should be able to recall the previous file patterns and starting
> directories using the Vim input line history. Did you try pressing
> the <Up> and <Down> arrow keys at the input prompt?

Yeah, I did notice the history for input(), but it behaves in some sort
of a wacky way. Maybe my settings are to blame, somehow. Today I played
with it some more - completion does not work for the pattern; it does
seem to work for directories.

Another thing I noticed today is that pruning does not work for me - I
had to comment out the lines in the grep.vim to get basic searching to
work. Still, it behaves rather intermittently (the latest: search works
the first time, and as soon as i jump to any of the matches all
subsequent searches fail). Again, I am eager to blame my potentially
weird mode of not having cygwin in my path, but running a cygwin bash
with cygwin tools. I don't know. I just need a bit of time to play with
it - I'll figure it out.

denis