guifont setting not permanent?

Dan Fabrizio-2
Hi All,

In my vimrc file,  I have
set guifont=Monaco:h16

Vim starts with font size 12.   If I source .vimrc,   the fonts size changes to 16 while the current vim session is running.   The next time I start vim,  its back to font size 12

Thanks, Dan

Re: guifont setting not permanent?

Douglas Drumond

2013/8/11 Dan Fabrizio <[hidden email]>
In my vimrc file,  I have
set guifont=Monaco:h16

Vim starts with font size 12.   If I source .vimrc,   the fonts size changes to 16 while the current vim session is running.   The next time I start vim,  its back to font size 12

Try putting that in .gvimrc.

On Sunday, August 11, 2013 3:32:16 PM UTC+2, Dan Fabrizio wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> In my vimrc file,  I have
> set guifont=Monaco:h16
>
> Vim starts with font size 12.   If I source .vimrc,   the fonts size changes to 16 while the current vim session is running.   The next time I start vim,  its back to font size 12
>
> Thanks, Dan

Normally, setting guifont in the vimrc is remembered until the GUI starts.

Try
    :verbose set gfn?
to see where it was last set.

I never failed to convince an audience that the best thing they
could do was to go away.

Re: guifont setting not permanent?

JP Lew

Try
    :verbose set gfn?
to see where it was last set.

Hi Tony:
thanks for the tip, I was having the same problem. With your command however I discovered that I had a rogue ~/.gvimrc file overriding the preferences set in my ~/.vimrc.
Much gratitude,
-JP