gvim shell

Sean Moore
Hey,

I know a text mode shell exists here:

http://www.wana.at/vimshell/index.php

but is there something similar for gvim?

Sean Yail Moore

Re: gvim shell

A.J.Mechelynck

Re: gvim shell

Gareth Oakes-2
Hi there,

I agree with Tony's rant, I'm also stuck on a Windows platform at work
here... a vimshell for Win32 would be cool :P

I currently work by having a maximised dos box on my secondary monitor
and a maximised gvim on my primary monitor.  The vimshell approach seems
like it could be a nice way to go though, so I don't have to shuffle
through windows to find my dos box if it gets hidden by a web browser,
explorer window, etc.  I prefer gvim to console vim though, otherwise
I'd probably try to mess around with a Win32 version of 'screen'.

Back on-topic - sorry Sean but I also have no clever solution for you.

Cheers,
-G

Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean Moore" <[hidden email]>

Re: gvim shell

Marcin Komorowski
Totally Agree,
Not really having a choice of using Linux, I use Cygwin and gvim on a
windows box and do 90% of my work there.  A Windows vimshell would be
awesome.

Marcin
> I agree with Tony's rant, I'm also stuck on a Windows platform at work
> here... a vimshell for Win32 would be cool :P
>
> I currently work by having a maximised dos box on my secondary monitor and
> a maximised gvim on my primary monitor.  The vimshell approach seems like
> it could be a nice way to go though, so I don't have to shuffle through
> windows to find my dos box if it gets hidden by a web browser, explorer
> window, etc.  I prefer gvim to console vim though, otherwise I'd probably
> try to mess around with a Win32 version of 'screen'.
>
> Back on-topic - sorry Sean but I also have no clever solution for you.
>
> Cheers,
> -G
>

> Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean Moore" <[hidden email]>

Re: gvim shell

A.J.Mechelynck
Marcin Komorowski wrote:

> Totally Agree,
> Not really having a choice of using Linux, I use Cygwin and gvim on a
> windows box and do 90% of my work there.  A Windows vimshell would be
> awesome.
>
> Marcin
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gareth Oakes" <[hidden email]>

[...]

Actually I made that "rant" on principle: I might not use CMD.EXE inside
Vim myself, but if someone else wants it, why not? I believe that if
something gets included into Vim, it should be made as cross-platform as
humanly possible. If it is restricted to one platform, then the reason
not to include in another should be "it is not technically possible on
platform X", not "it doesn't jibe with the customs of platform X's
users". Trying to cater to the different mores of Windows users gave us
mswin.vim, about which 'nuff said.

RE: gvim shell

David Fishburn

I don't think I saw anyone mention this one:

" Python Shell - terminal/shell buffer script for python enabled [g]vim
" http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=165
" Author: Brian Sturk

HTH,
Dave