gvim64 win

gpowell-2
Hello,

My name is Geoff Powell.

I was wondering if there was something I could do to set and keep my default
vim window size to be a particular size.

The window opens by default very small.

Thanks,
Geoff

RE: gvim64 win

Suresh Govindachar`

   Sent March 12, 2006 10:40 AM

  > Hello,
  >
  > My name is Geoff Powell.
  >
  > I was wondering if there was something I could do to set and
  > keep my default vim window size to be a particular size.
  >
  > The window opens by default very small.
  >
  > Thanks, Geoff

  Have something like the following in your vimrc file:

        set columns=94
        set lines=42

  For starters, see :help lines and :help columns

  --Suresh

[A little OT] Re: gvim64 win

Yongwei Wu
If you are using an ATI card, chances are that an application called
HydraVision (free download for ATI card owners) will work for you. An
option called `Application position memory' will _remember_ the size
of any application windows--Vim will behave more like a common Windows
application and remember its last size and position.

Wu Yongwei

Odp: gvim64 win

Zbigniew Kowalski
I had the same problem twice.
First i solved that via
au GUIEnter * simalt ~x
in .vimrc
but after i've changed windows and PC it did not work anymore
so used the following:
set lines=43 columns=126

HTH
zbikow

Dnia 12-03-2006 o godz. 19:39 <[hidden email]> napisał(a):

> Hello,
>
> My name is Geoff Powell.
>

> I was wondering if there was something I could do to set and keep my
> default
> vim window size to be a particular size.
>
> The window opens by default very small.
>
> Thanks,
> Geoff

Zbigniew Kowalski
http://zbikow1.webpark.pl/

Re: Odp: gvim64 win

Benji Fisher
On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 03:27:08PM +0100, Zbigniew Kowalski wrote:

> I had the same problem twice.
> First i solved that via
> au GUIEnter * simalt ~x
> in .vimrc
> but after i've changed windows and PC it did not work anymore
> so used the following:
> set lines=43 columns=126
>
> HTH
> zbikow

     Perhaps you changed from a PC with default (English) keyboard
shortcuts to one that uses different ones?  Alt-space opens the window
menu (in any language, I think) and "x" chooses "maximize" from that
menu in the English version.

HTH --Benji Fisher

Re: Re: Odp: gvim64 win

Zbigniew Kowalski
yes, you're right,
the word "ma_x_imize" has changed into polish "mak_s_ymalizuj",
silly me not to notice this before,

funny that i never thought of that, simple solutions are dificult to spot, thanks for pointing that.

regards
zbikow

PS yet the other solution (set lines=...) works fine too

Dnia 15-03-2006 o godz. 18:18 Benji Fisher napisał(a):

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 03:27:08PM +0100, Zbigniew Kowalski wrote:
> > I had the same problem twice.
> > First i solved that via
> > au GUIEnter * simalt ~x
> > in .vimrc
> > but after i've changed windows and PC it did not work anymore
> > so used the following:
> > set lines=43 columns=126
> >
> > HTH
> > zbikow
>
>      Perhaps you changed from a PC with default (English) keyboard
> shortcuts to one that uses different ones?  Alt-space opens the window
> menu (in any language, I think) and "x" chooses "maximize" from that
> menu in the English version.
>
> HTH --Benji Fisher

Zbigniew Kowalski
http://zbikow1.webpark.pl/