hardcopy makes pdf files that open only on (some?) linux PDF readers

hardcopy makes pdf files that open only on (some?) linux PDF readers

Renato Fabbri

(set printoptions=header:0)
:hardcopy > something.pdf

:'o(

I don't have a Windows OS here to give you the names,
but I guess Adobe and Foxit were unable to read them,
I don't remember.

Google Drive uploads and displays them correctly,
but fails to display or give a working route to display
them in emails.

Any (semi-)standard heading missing for them in the rendered
PDF files?

best,
r.

Re: hardcopy makes pdf files that open only on (some?) linux PDF readers

Bram Moolenaar

Renato Fabbri wrote:

> (set printoptions=header:0)
> :hardcopy > something.pdf
>
> :'o(
>
> I don't have a Windows OS here to give you the names,
> but I guess Adobe and Foxit were unable to read them,
> I don't remember.
>
> Google Drive uploads and displays them correctly,
> but fails to display or give a working route to display
> them in emails.
>
> Any (semi-)standard heading missing for them in the rendered
> PDF files?

:hardcopy produces PostScript, not PDF.  You need to pass it through a
tool that can do the conversion, such as "ps2pdf".

--
An indication you must be a manager:
You believe you never have any problems in your life, just

Em quinta-feira, 9 de agosto de 2018 16:19:48 UTC-3, Bram Moolenaar  escreveu:

> Renato Fabbri wrote:
>
> > (set printoptions=header:0)
> > :hardcopy > something.pdf
> >
> > :'o(
> >
> > I don't have a Windows OS here to give you the names,
> > but I guess Adobe and Foxit were unable to read them,
> > I don't remember.
> >
> > Google Drive uploads and displays them correctly,
> > but fails to display or give a working route to display
> > them in emails.
> >
> > Any (semi-)standard heading missing for them in the rendered
> > PDF files?
>
> :hardcopy produces PostScript, not PDF.  You need to pass it through a
> tool that can do the conversion, such as "ps2pdf".

tx.
Quite curious how different software used its extension and content to display content and metadata with all kinds of mixed information and sometimes error messages. Solved with conversion of PS to PDF with bash tool as you suggested.