:hardcopy utf-8 file in Vim 7.00a on Mac OS 10.3.9

:hardcopy utf-8 file in Vim 7.00a on Mac OS 10.3.9

Lukas Muehlethaler
before I try any harder: Is :ha[rdcopy] of utf-8 encoded files on Mac
OS X supposed to work? Looked through the archives but didn't find
anything recent.

On CVS Vim 7.00a (Oct 13, 2005) with set enc=utf-8 and set penc=utf-8
it doesn't.

Thanks for any help!

Lukas

Re: :hardcopy utf-8 file in Vim 7.00a on Mac OS 10.3.9

Mike Williams
Lukas Muehlethaler did utter on 20/10/2005 16:47:
> before I try any harder: Is :ha[rdcopy] of utf-8 encoded files on Mac OS
> X supposed to work? Looked through the archives but didn't find anything
> recent.
>
> On CVS Vim 7.00a (Oct 13, 2005) with set enc=utf-8 and set penc=utf-8 it
> doesn't.

penc should be set for a specific character set, not encoding.  Except
for CJK character sets where encoding is significant.  Hopefully the VIM
7 docs includes the right words about this.  hardcopy does not support
multiple character sets in a single print at the moment IIRC.

Mike
--
Time is money. Especially if you make clocks.