how to find out what the current vim's servername is?

how to find out what the current vim's servername is?

Charles E Campbell Jr
Hello:

I've looked through the help for some way to find out what the current
gvim's server name is (in my case, under X).  The serverlist() function
gives a list of all such server names, and one can specify a vim to have
a specific name, but usually the names appear to be something like GVIM,
GVIM2, GVIM3, etc.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

Re: how to find out what the current vim's servername is?

David Fishburn-2

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Charles E Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello:

I've looked through the help for some way to find out what the current
gvim's server name is (in my case, under X).  The serverlist() function
gives a list of all such server names, and one can specify a vim to have
a specific name, but usually the names appear to be something like GVIM,
GVIM2, GVIM3, etc.

:echo v:servername

Should do it.
Dave

David Fishburn wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Charles E Campbell
>
>     Hello:
>
>     I've looked through the help for some way to find out what the current
>     gvim's server name is (in my case, under X).  The serverlist()
>     function
>     gives a list of all such server names, and one can specify a vim
>     to have
>     a specific name, but usually the names appear to be something like
>     GVIM,
>     GVIM2, GVIM3, etc.
>

> :echo v:servername
>
> Should do it.
> Dave

Thank you -- I was looking for the answer largely in remote.txt
(obviously, I didn't find it there).

Regards,
Chip