how to jump to method defined in other file

how to jump to method defined in other file

vicky b
Hi all,

   I am using Exuberant ctags for java ,i am able to generate tags now.I am also using taglist plugin for vim.Now how can I jump to a method which is in defined(written/implementation) in  other file and which is called in current file.

--
Thanks & Regards
 Vickyb

Re: how to jump to method defined in other file

Taylor Hedberg
If your tags file is properly generated, you should be able to follow
tags between files the same way you follow tags within a file: position
the cursor on the tag and press Ctrl-].

Re: how to jump to method defined in other file

Jean-Rene David-2
* vicky b [2011.05.02 03:00]:
> Hi all,
>
>    I am using Exuberant ctags for java ,i am able to generate tags now.I am
> also using taglist plugin for vim.Now how can I jump to a method which is in
> defined(written/implementation) in  other file and which is called in
> current file.

Place your cursor on the name of the function and press 'ctrl-]'. Or
type ':tag name_of_your_function<Enter>'.

HTH,

--
JR