how to restore the old behavior of cntl-f on win10

how to restore the old behavior of cntl-f on win10

Roy Gordon
Hello all.

I would like to restore the old page-down behavior of cntl-f on win10. It doesn't matter whether I'm in graphical mode or not.

Did look at some of the discussion on this but got confused. So, if someone can pls tell me in a simple manner of what and where I have to do it, I would be MOST appreciative!

I've been using vi for about 40 years so habits are very ingrained, accentuated by the fact that I use vim on linux at work where cntl-f works as it always has. Until now, on windows.

TIA.

Re: how to restore the old behavior of cntl-f on win10

Christian Brabandt

On Mi, 03 Jan 2018, Roy Gordon wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I would like to restore the old page-down behavior of cntl-f on win10. It doesn't matter whether I'm in graphical mode or not.
>
> Did look at some of the discussion on this but got confused. So, if someone can pls tell me in a simple manner of what and where I have to do it, I would be MOST appreciative!
>
> I've been using vi for about 40 years so habits are very ingrained, accentuated by the fact that I use vim on linux at work where cntl-f works as it always has. Until now, on windows.

This has been fixed in a later patch and the installer now asks whether
it should remap certain keys. So the easiest would be to install a new
release from e.g. the vim/vim-win32-installer repository. Or do not
source mswin.vim from your .vimrc.

Christian
--
Marketing ist ein englisches Wort.  Zu deutsch hei├čt das:
Hauptsache 's Maul wackelt.