how to use vim as a file manager?

phyrster
Hi vim users,

How to make vim a sleek yet powerful file manager?

I got his script ls.vim from the main site but not so happy with its key
mappings. (I am tweaking it but I am no coder)

Is it possible to use vim like this:

vi /home/user

and start managing files?

regards

bxuef

--
dhammapada says:

  Like the earth he is not disturbed, like a great pillar he is firmly set
  and reliable, like a lake he is free from defilement. There are no more
  rebirths for such a well set man. 95

Re: how to use vim as a file manager?

A.J.Mechelynck