images and retina display

Richard Mitchell
What does the new retina display mean for images and scaling?

"issue 6682: Add an experimental feature (on in beta) to show inline images at ret…"

Images now display "smaller" (higher res) and changes my calculations on how to center an image.  Before I was diving the image size by the font cell size to compute the column and row to place the image.  It seemed pretty good before, but now the images are higher and to the left; i.e.; as if cell size times window size is smaller than the number of pixels in an iterm2 window.

Thanks!

Re: images and retina display

Shlomi Fish-2
Hi Richard,

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 18:28:51 -0700 (PDT)
Richard Mitchell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What does the new retina display mean for images and scaling?
>
> "issue 6682: Add an experimental feature (on in beta) to show inline images
> at ret…"

this is vim-use and there is no issue 6682 - see
https://github.com/vim/vim/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue .

> Images now display "smaller" (higher res) and changes my calculations on how
> to center an image.  Before I was diving the image size by the font cell size
> to compute the column and row to place the image.  It seemed pretty good
> before, but now the images are higher and to the left; i.e.; as if cell size
> times window size is smaller than the number of pixels in an iterm2 window.
>
> Thanks!

Re: images and retina display

Richard Mitchell

Apologies - posted to the wrong group.