incomplete docs ?

David J Patrick-2
in perusing the :help vimoutliner output, I came across the "executable
lines" part,,

   Executable lines offer the huge benefit of a single-source knowledge
     tree, where all your knowledge, no matter what its format, exists
     within a single tree of outlines connected with inter-outline links
and
     executable lines.

  To enable this behavior, insert the following code into your
$HOME/.vimoutlinerrc file:

but there is no following code.
djp

Re: incomplete docs ?

Steve Litt
On Thursday 06 August 2009 10:12:41 David J Patrick wrote:

> in perusing the :help vimoutliner output, I came across the "executable
> lines" part,,
>
>    Executable lines offer the huge benefit of a single-source knowledge
>      tree, where all your knowledge, no matter what its format, exists
>      within a single tree of outlines connected with inter-outline links
> and
>      executable lines.
>
>   To enable this behavior, insert the following code into your
> $HOME/.vimoutlinerrc file:
>
> but there is no following code.

_exe_mozilla-firefox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhF-Mqn-HEQ&NR=1 &

Everything after the _exe_ is a command to be run. Or this:

Troubleshooters.Com _exe_ mozilla_firefox http://www.troubleshooters.com

Everything before the _exe_ is a comment.

HTH

SteveT

Re: incomplete docs ?

David J Patrick-2
Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thursday 06 August 2009 10:12:41 David J Patrick wrote:
>> but there is no following code.
>
> _exe_mozilla-firefox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhF-Mqn-HEQ&NR=1 &
> Everything before the _exe_ is a comment.

well duh, I guess I was looking for something more complicated.. that's
just too good !
djp

Re: incomplete docs ?

Steve Litt
On Friday 28 August 2009 01:24:01 David J Patrick wrote:

> Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 August 2009 10:12:41 David J Patrick wrote:
> >> but there is no following code.
> >
> > _exe_mozilla-firefox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhF-Mqn-HEQ&NR=1 &
> > Everything before the _exe_ is a comment.
>
> well duh, I guess I was looking for something more complicated.. that's
> just too good !
> djp

I'm not a good enough programmer to make something more complicated.

But the good news is, complicated code is still available through Microsoft.

/* Litt ducks and runs */

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package