incsearch problem

enk

incsearch problem

enk

Hi!

I use incsearch, smartcase and ignorecase. If I start searching
"/vis", it will match "Vis" of this line:

void Checker::Visit(UnaryExpression* unaryExpression)

Then I press CTRL-L until search pattern and match is "visit(" and
"Visit(", respectively. The next CTRL-L appends 'U' to the search
pattern, and now it doesn't match anything at all due to smartcase
triggering on an uppercase letter in the search pattern!

I would prefer CTRL-L to convert the char it adds to lowercase when
smartcase is set. Is the possible?

Kind regards,
Erik Wognsen

enk

Re: incsearch problem

enk

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 13:19, Erik Wognsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I use incsearch, smartcase and ignorecase. If I start searching
> "/vis", it will match "Vis" of this line:
>
> void Checker::Visit(UnaryExpression* unaryExpression)
>
> Then I press CTRL-L until search pattern and match is "visit(" and
> "Visit(", respectively. The next CTRL-L appends 'U' to the search
> pattern, and now it doesn't match anything at all due to smartcase
> triggering on an uppercase letter in the search pattern!
>
> I would prefer CTRL-L to convert the char it adds to lowercase when
> smartcase is set. Is the possible?

Or, to put it in other words:
Shouldn't the current behavior be considered a bug?

/Erik