indentation problem with 'until' as a modifier

indentation problem with 'until' as a modifier

Dirk Traulsen
Hi!

First I want say that I really appreciate what you have achieved with
vim-ruby, which is a great help for me and a real pleasure to use. A
big Thank You to everybody here who is or was involved!

Alas, it is not perfect. I have found some glitches, I want to report
here. To allow to discuss them seperately, I will report them in three
different mails.

I will always attach a file to show the correct indentation.

I hope this helps.
Thanks
Dirk

Please see the following, which is also attached as a file:

#---------------------------------------#
# file automatically indented with gg=G #
#---------------------------------------#

#vimfiles
#  indent: $Id: ruby.vim,v 1.40 2007/03/20 13:54:25 dkearns Exp $
#  syntax: $Id: ruby.vim,v 1.134 2007/05/06 17:55:04 tpope Exp $
#7.1
#  indent: $Id: ruby.vim,v 1.40 2007/03/20 13:54:25 dkearns Exp $
#  syntax: $Id: ruby.vim,v 1.134 2007/05/06 17:55:04 tpope Exp $

# The non-breaking of the line with '\' is not recognized,
# so that 'until' is recognized as a beginning loop and not
# as the modifier it is here.
print 'Do you want to delete this (y/n)? ' \
  until (result = gets.chomp.downcase).match(/^[yn]$/)
    puts 'result: ' + result

    # Here also 'until' is not recognized as a modifier
    begin print 'Do you want to delete this (y/n)? '
    end until (result = gets.chomp.downcase).match(/^[yn]$/)
      puts 'result: ' + result

indent_error_1.rb (1K) Download Attachment

Re: indentation problem with 'until' as a modifier

Tim Pope-2
On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 09:31:10AM +0100, Dirk Traulsen wrote:

> First I want say that I really appreciate what you have achieved with
> vim-ruby, which is a great help for me and a real pleasure to use. A
> big Thank You to everybody here who is or was involved!
>
> Alas, it is not perfect. I have found some glitches, I want to report
> here. To allow to discuss them seperately, I will report them in three
> different mails.
>
> I will always attach a file to show the correct indentation.
>
> I hope this helps.

Thanks for these, Dirk.  Ruby indenting is probably the hardest part
of this set of runtime files, so a lot of these may go unaddressed
unless someone submits a patch.  Still, I will add them and any
further ones you forward to my to do list.

It appears a couple of the issues you submitted may already be fixed
in CVS.

Cheers,
Tim