installation on windows xp

Hugo Schmitt
Hi
I've read on the faq that install under windows is still complicated
I'm not a newbie though, and would like to hear some directions from someone that actually installed sucessfully this plugin.
Tks in advance

Re: installation on windows xp

Peter Princz
Hi Hugo aka JRCapablanca :),

On 22/08/06, Hugo Schmitt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
> I've read on the faq that install under windows is still complicated
> I'm not a newbie though, and would like to hear some directions from someone
> that actually installed sucessfully this plugin.
> Tks in advance

IIRC, it's not complicated at all. It was a while ago when I
installed, but it's a zip file containing the installation
directories, so it's pretty easy to unzip it anywhere, and then move
the files one-by-one to their proper places under your home or under
the vim installation root. It was flawless, as always when doing by
hand.

To be honest, one of my colleagues wanted to use it under gentoo, and
the factory fresh install script failed, so we ended up with the
good-old manual install, like on Windows.

Just download the zip file and let us know if you run into any problems.

Have a nice day,
 Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.