installing vimoutliner in ubuntu 9.10

Lucas González
Hi, all

Ubuntu 10.04 is about to come out, but that's a far month away.  So it's 9.10 for the time being.

I've installed, deinstalled and reinstalled vimoutliner, but:
- ":help vimoutliner" pops up nothing
- I load an *.otl file, but there are no colors and vo simply doesn't work

There's:

1) /etc/vim/vimoutlinerrc

2) /usr/share/vim/addons/ftdetect/vo_base.vim has:
>augroup filetypedetect
>  au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.otl        setfiletype vo_base
>  au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.oln        setfiletype xoutliner
>augroup END

3) /usr/share/vim/addons/ftplugin has 3 files: vo_base.vim, vo_checkbox.vim, vo_hoist.vim

4) /usr/share/vim/addons/syntax/vo_base.vim has a reference to *.otl

I bet I need to do more to do proper troubleshooting, but I'm a bit lost.  Well, rather I'm completely lost.

TIA :-/

Lucas

Re: installing vimoutliner in ubuntu 9.10

Lucas González
Never mind, I think I'll have to do a manual install.

Because, definitely, "apt-get install vim-vimoutliner" doesn't work in ubuntu 9.10 - at least for me.

Lucas

El 27 de marzo de 2010 23:34, Lucas González <lucas.gonzalez.sc@gmail.com> escribió:
Hi, all

Ubuntu 10.04 is about to come out, but that's a far month away.  So it's 9.10 for the time being.

I've installed, deinstalled and reinstalled vimoutliner, but:
- ":help vimoutliner" pops up nothing
- I load an *.otl file, but there are no colors and vo simply doesn't work

There's:

1) /etc/vim/vimoutlinerrc

2) /usr/share/vim/addons/ftdetect/vo_base.vim has:
>augroup filetypedetect
>  au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.otl        setfiletype vo_base
>  au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.oln        setfiletype xoutliner
>augroup END

3) /usr/share/vim/addons/ftplugin has 3 files: vo_base.vim, vo_checkbox.vim, vo_hoist.vim

4) /usr/share/vim/addons/syntax/vo_base.vim has a reference to *.otl

I bet I need to do more to do proper troubleshooting, but I'm a bit lost.  Well, rather I'm completely lost.

TIA :-/

Lucas

Re: Re: installing vimoutliner in ubuntu 9.10

Erich Horsten
Hello!

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 02:04:50AM +0100, Lucas González wrote:
> Never mind, I think I'll have to do a manual install.
>
> Because, definitely, "apt-get install vim-vimoutliner" doesn't work in
> ubuntu 9.10 - at least for me.

This is how it worked for me.

Install vim-addons after vimoutliner.

vim-addons install vimoutliner

The softlink in ~/.vim/doc points to the gzipped version of vo_readme.txt.
If your vim can't read gzipped files just copy it unzipped to your
~/.vim/doc directory to get the vo helptext.

Erich

> Lucas
>
> El 27 de marzo de 2010 23:34, Lucas González
> <[hidden email]>escribió:
>
> > Hi, all
> >
> > Ubuntu 10.04 is about to come out, but that's a far month away.  So it's
> > 9.10 for the time being.
> >
> > I've installed, deinstalled and reinstalled vimoutliner, but:
> > - ":help vimoutliner" pops up nothing
> > - I load an *.otl file, but there are no colors and vo simply doesn't work
> >
> > There's:
> >
> > 1) /etc/vim/vimoutlinerrc
> >
> > 2) /usr/share/vim/addons/ftdetect/vo_base.vim has:
> > >augroup filetypedetect
> > >  au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.otl        setfiletype vo_base
> > >  au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.oln        setfiletype xoutliner
> > >augroup END
> >
> > 3) /usr/share/vim/addons/ftplugin has 3 files: vo_base.vim,
> > vo_checkbox.vim, vo_hoist.vim
> >
> > 4) /usr/share/vim/addons/syntax/vo_base.vim has a reference to *.otl
> >
> > I bet I need to do more to do proper troubleshooting, but I'm a bit lost.
> > Well, rather I'm completely lost.
> >
> > TIA :-/
> >
> > Lucas

Erich Horsten