intro+numbered list problem

Peter Princz
Dear vim experts,

this is my first post to this great community. I'm a regular reader of
this email list, and thanks to all of you I benefit every day.

Of course, I try to use vim for all of my text editing tasks. Shame on
me, but now I ran into problem that seemed trivial, but I'm doomed.
I just want a "simple" multi-level, numbered list in plain ascii text
file to be maintained by vim, e.g. renumbered them when inserting a
new item.
(Much like the way <ol></ol> tag in html works.)

Do you have any idea how to achieve this?

What I'm after now:
- :help format-bullet-list
- macro attempts with the ctrl-a trick described in the help
- googling approx. half an hour

Thank you,
  Peter

Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: intro+numbered list problem

Peter Princz
Dear vim list,

sorry for reposting, this is just to figure out if the original
message couldn't go thru, or there is no way to manage a numbered list
in vim...

Thank you,
  Peter

Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: intro+numbered list problem

A.J.Mechelynck
I saw the original message, it got through. I guess no one answered because
no one knew the answer.

> sorry for reposting, this is just to figure out if the original
> message couldn't go thru, or there is no way to manage a numbered list
> in vim...
>
> Thank you,
>  Peter
>
> On 13/09/05, Peter Princz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear vim experts,
>>
>> this is my first post to this great community. I'm a regular reader of
>> this email list, and thanks to all of you I benefit every day.
>>
>> Of course, I try to use vim for all of my text editing tasks. Shame on
>> me, but now I ran into problem that seemed trivial, but I'm doomed.
>> I just want a "simple" multi-level, numbered list in plain ascii text
>> file to be maintained by vim, e.g. renumbered them when inserting a
>> new item.
>> (Much like the way <ol></ol> tag in html works.)
>>
>> Do you have any idea how to achieve this?
>>
>> What I'm after now:
>> - :help format-bullet-list
>> - macro attempts with the ctrl-a trick described in the help
>> - googling approx. half an hour
>>
>> Thank you,
>>  Peter
>>
>> --
>> Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.
>>

> --
> Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: intro+numbered list problem

Will Maier
On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 09:40:10AM +0200, Peter Princz wrote:
> sorry for reposting, this is just to figure out if the original
> message couldn't go thru, or there is no way to manage a numbered
> list in vim...

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but might I recommend checking
the mailing list archive[0] to verify that your message went
through? If it's in the archive, it got sent -- if it was sent and
no one has responded, it's probably because none of us know : ).
Usually if a message is unclear or poorly phrased, someone will ask
the OP to clarify. No response at all, while disappointing, is a
fact of life on mailing lists like these.

[0]http://vim.org/maillist.php

--

[Will Maier]---------------[[hidden email]/[hidden email]]