is there any to-do list plugin for Vim?

StarWing

just as subject: i need to find a to-do list plugin to manage my
work... has any good advice?

Re: is there any to-do list plugin for Vim?

Allan Wind

On 2009-02-08T19:29:59, StarWing wrote:
> just as subject: i need to find a to-do list plugin to manage my
> work... has any good advice?

I just use a text file formatted as follows:

item 1
        sub-item
                sub-sub-item
item 2

then configure folding:

.vim/filetype.vim
autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead todo.txt set filetype=todo

.vim/ftplugin/todo.vim
setlocal foldmethod=indent

It works great for general tasks, but something integrated with a
calendar or a ticket system probably works better if you have a bunch of
dated entries.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
Life Integrity, LLC

Re: is there any to-do list plugin for Vim?

Ben Schmidt

Allan Wind wrote:

> On 2009-02-08T19:29:59, StarWing wrote:
>> just as subject: i need to find a to-do list plugin to manage my
>> work... has any good advice?
>
> I just use a text file formatted as follows:
>
> item 1
> sub-item
> sub-sub-item
> item 2
>
> then configure folding:
>
> .vim/filetype.vim
> autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead todo.txt set filetype=todo
>
> .vim/ftplugin/todo.vim
> setlocal foldmethod=indent

I didn't like the foldmethod=indent behaviour so wrote my own folding
for this situation (my to do list!), which I now find I use for many,
many types of lists with an outline kind of structure. I paste my script
below. Feel free to try it, modify it, mutilate it. It's the sort of
thing that suits people who prefer DIY rather than the whole
calendar-integrated computer-managed life approach.

Ben.

setlocal foldexpr=TodoFoldExpr()
setlocal foldmethod=expr
setlocal foldtext=TodoFoldText()
setlocal ts=3 shiftwidth=3
function! TodoFoldExpr()
        let ths=matchend(getline(v:lnum),'\t*')
        if (v:lnum<line("$"))
                let nxt=matchend(getline(v:lnum+1),'\t*')
                if (ths<nxt)
                        return '>' . (ths + 1)
                elseif (ths==nxt)
                        return '='
                else
                        return '<' . (nxt + 1)
                endif
        else
                if (ths==0)
                        return 0
                else
                        return '<1'
endfunction
function! TodoFoldText()
        return substitute(getline(v:foldstart),'\t','   ','g') . " +"
endfunction
highlight Folded ctermfg=White ctermbg=Black cterm=bold
finish

Re: is there any to-do list plugin for Vim?

Tom Link-3

> just as subject: i need to find a to-do list plugin to manage my
> work... has any good advice?

What do you want the todo plugin to do? There are 1+ getting-things-
done-related plugins -- search vim.sf.net for "gtd". I personally use
viki (since I wrote it) that has some markup for prioritized lists
that can be sorted.

Re: is there any to-do list plugin for Vim?

MarcWeber

Hi StarWing,

If you don't know yet how the todo plugin should look like have a look
at thinkingrock on sourceforge. It should give you some ideas what can
could done.

Marc Weber

Re: is there any to-do list plugin for Vim?

StarWing

thank you all!

i have searched vim.sf.net(it's just look like www.vim.org! is it the
same one?), but i can't find something i like.
i have found some ftplugin, but i think i need a plugin just like
calender.vim. it could tell me what shall i do next step, and i can
open it easily. it could be folded well and has its syntax on. have
any advice for what can i use?

(p.s. simply use a foldexpr can't support the syntax-highlight...)

On 2月9日, 下午4时45分, Marc Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi StarWing,
>
> If you don't know yet how the todo plugin should look like have a look
> at thinkingrock on sourceforge. It should give you some ideas what can
> could done.
>
> Marc Weber

Re: is there any to-do list plugin for Vim?

StarWing

btw: if i use a ftplugin for todopaper or taskpaper or gtd.vim, is it
a full-function plugin for get-things-done usage? i mean syntax-
highlight, fold, sort or anyother things.

and, who can tell me how to sort folded text?e.g. there are three fold
text, after folded it shows "a" "c" and "b", then use the title to
sort the text-block. is there any easy way to do it?

On 2月9日, 下午7时03分, StarWing <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thank you all!
>
> i have searched vim.sf.net(it's just look likewww.vim.org!is it the
> same one?), but i can't find something i like.
> i have found some ftplugin, but i think i need a plugin just like
> calender.vim. it could tell me what shall i do next step, and i can
> open it easily. it could be folded well and has its syntax on. have
> any advice for what can i use?
>
> (p.s. simply use a foldexpr can't support the syntax-highlight...)
>
> On 2月9日, 下午4时45分, Marc Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi StarWing,
>
> > If you don't know yet how the todo plugin should look like have a look
> > at thinkingrock on sourceforge. It should give you some ideas what can
> > could done.
>
> > Marc Weber

Re: is there any to-do list plugin for Vim?

Joe78

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 07:29:59PM -0800, StarWing wrote:

> just as subject: i need to find a to-do list plugin to manage my
> work... has any good advice?

Vimoutliner works for me. It has a percentage/checkbox function, that I
find satisfying in terms of knowing how much of a project I have done.
http://www.vimoutliner.org/

Re: is there any to-do list plugin for Vim?

Javier Rojas-4
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:36:47PM -0800, J S wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 07:29:59PM -0800, StarWing wrote:
> >
> > just as subject: i need to find a to-do list plugin to manage my
> > work... has any good advice?
>
> Vimoutliner works for me. It has a percentage/checkbox function, that I
> find satisfying in terms of knowing how much of a project I have done.
> http://www.vimoutliner.org/

+1 for vimoutliner

--
Javier Rojas