key to key mnemonic mapping

John (Eljay) Love-Jensen
Hi everyone,

I ran into a situation where a key was generating a certain key sequence
(thanks to insert mode and ^V)...

^[[43~

...and I wanted to know what the Vim symbolic / name / identifier / mnemonic
for that sequence on my platform.

Is there a way to press a key and see the key identifier that Vim
recognizes?

For example:  press the [PageUp] key (generates ^[[5~ on my system) returns
<PageUp>.

In the meantime, I just used the above escape sequence verbatim in my map
command and all is well.

Thanks,
--Eljay

Re: key to key mnemonic mapping

A.J.Mechelynck
> I ran into a situation where a key was generating a certain key sequence
> (thanks to insert mode and ^V)...
>
> ^[[43~
>
> ...and I wanted to know what the Vim symbolic / name / identifier /
> mnemonic
> for that sequence on my platform.
>
> Is there a way to press a key and see the key identifier that Vim
> recognizes?
>
> For example:  press the [PageUp] key (generates ^[[5~ on my system)
> returns
> <PageUp>.
>
> In the meantime, I just used the above escape sequence verbatim in my map
> command and all is well.
>
> Thanks,
> --Eljay

Try (in Insert mode) Ctrl-K PageUp