keymap: kana.vim

Edward L. Fox
Hi Bram,

Here is a keymap script for inputing Japanese KaNa(s) inside Vim. The
original version of this keymap only works under UTF-8 encoding. So I
wrote a short script and transformed the file format so now it can
work properly under most of the Asian encodings now. Can you include
this file in the newest release of Vim7?

Also show a great respect to the original author of this keymap. :-)

Regards,

Edward L. Fox

Re: keymap: kana.vim

Edward L. Fox
On 4/29/06, Edward L. Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bram,
>
> Here is a keymap script for inputing Japanese KaNa(s) inside Vim. The
> original version of this keymap only works under UTF-8 encoding. So I
> wrote a short script and transformed the file format so now it can
> work properly under most of the Asian encodings now. Can you include
> this file in the newest release of Vim7?
>
> Also show a great respect to the original author of this keymap. :-)
>

> Regards,
>

> Edward L. Fox

Sorry for missing the attachment...

Re: keymap: kana.vim

Bram Moolenaar

Edward L. Fox wrote:

On 4/29/06, Edward L. Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Bram,
>
> Here is a keymap script for inputing Japanese KaNa(s) inside Vim. The
> original version of this keymap only works under UTF-8 encoding. So I
> wrote a short script and transformed the file format so now it can
> work properly under most of the Asian encodings now. Can you include
> this file in the newest release of Vim7?
>
> Also show a great respect to the original author of this keymap. :-)

I can include this.  Should there also be files for other encodings?

--
Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely
locked.

Re: keymap: kana.vim

Edward L. Fox
On 4/29/06, Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Edward L. Fox wrote:
>
> On 4/29/06, Edward L. Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Bram,
> >
> > Here is a keymap script for inputing Japanese KaNa(s) inside Vim. The
> > original version of this keymap only works under UTF-8 encoding. So I
> > wrote a short script and transformed the file format so now it can
> > work properly under most of the Asian encodings now. Can you include
> > this file in the newest release of Vim7?
> >
> > Also show a great respect to the original author of this keymap. :-)
>
> I can include this.  Should there also be files for other encodings?

No. This script is written in utf-8 so Vim is able to transform it
into any supported encodings. I tested under shift-jis, gbk and utf-8,
it works properly in all situations.