know last command typed

Ni Va
Hi,

Like Netrw, I use this autocommand :

  au BufEnter,VimEnter * call explorer#explorePaths(expand("<afile>"))

but would like to do the job if user has typed a known command like :e .

How can I retrieve last user typed command in order to make condition in my vimscript ?

Thank you
NiVa

Re: know last command typed

Gary Johnson-4
On 2018-07-18, Ni Va wrote:

> Like Netrw, I use this autocommand :
>
>   au BufEnter,VimEnter * call explorer#explorePaths(expand("<afile>"))
>
> but would like to do the job if user has typed a known command like :e .
>
> How can I retrieve last user typed command in order to make condition in my vimscript ?

If you want just the last ex command typed, and not the last normal
command, you can get that from the : register.  See

    :help quote:

Regards,
Gary

Re: know last command typed

Ni Va
Le jeudi 19 juillet 2018 08:35:06 UTC+2, Gary Johnson a écrit :

> On 2018-07-18, Ni Va wrote:
>
> > Like Netrw, I use this autocommand :
> >
> >   au BufEnter,VimEnter * call explorer#explorePaths(expand("<afile>"))
> >
> > but would like to do the job if user has typed a known command like :e .
> >
> > How can I retrieve last user typed command in order to make condition in my vimscript ?
>
> If you want just the last ex command typed, and not the last normal
> command, you can get that from the : register.  See
>
>     :help quote:
>
> Regards,
> Gary
Hi,

:register gives me that
--- Registers ---
""     au CmdwinLeave * echo 'Here I were in the Command-line'^J
"0     au CmdwinLeave * echo 'Here I were in the Command-line'^J
"1     au CmdwinLeave * echo 'Here I were in the Command-line'^J
"2     au BufEnter,VimEnter * call explorer#explorePaths(expand("<afile>"))  | set syntax=Explorer^J
"3   ^J

but the last command I typed was :e . and not appearing when I echo @"

Re: know last command typed

Gary Johnson-4
On 2018-07-18, Ni Va wrote:

> Le jeudi 19 juillet 2018 08:35:06 UTC+2, Gary Johnson a écrit :
> > On 2018-07-18, Ni Va wrote:
> >
> > > Like Netrw, I use this autocommand :
> > >
> > >   au BufEnter,VimEnter * call explorer#explorePaths(expand("<afile>"))
> > >
> > > but would like to do the job if user has typed a known command like :e .
> > >
> > > How can I retrieve last user typed command in order to make condition in my vimscript ?
> >
> > If you want just the last ex command typed, and not the last normal
> > command, you can get that from the : register.  See
> >
> >     :help quote:
> >
> > Regards,
> > Gary
>
> Hi,
>
> :register gives me that
> --- Registers ---
> ""     au CmdwinLeave * echo 'Here I were in the Command-line'^J
> "0     au CmdwinLeave * echo 'Here I were in the Command-line'^J
> "1     au CmdwinLeave * echo 'Here I were in the Command-line'^J
> "2     au BufEnter,VimEnter * call explorer#explorePaths(expand("<afile>"))  | set syntax=Explorer^J
> "3   ^J
>

> but the last command I typed was :e . and not appearing when I echo @"

The command

    :echo @"

will display the contents of the " register, which is the unnamed
register.  See

    :help quotequote

You asked for the last command, which is contained in the :
register.

Try this:

    :e .
    :echo @: