langmap and remappings

EGDmitry
Hello folks,

I am trying to understand how langmap interacts with existing mappings. Consider this case: I use the suggested cyrillic langmap like this:

set langmap=ФИСВУАПРШОЛДЬТЩЗЙКЫЕГМЦЧНЯ;ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ,фисвуапршолдьтщзйкыегмцчня;abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

and I also have mappings:

nnoremap j gj
nnoremap k gk

the problem is that when I use cyrillic equivalents of 'j' and 'k' I get an old behavior, it looks like my bindings don't get applied. Is this expected or do I understand something wrong about how it works?

Thanks a lot,
Dima

Re: langmap and remappings

Björn Winckler
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM, EGDmitry wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I am trying to understand how langmap interacts with existing mappings. Consider this case: I use the suggested cyrillic langmap like this:
>
> set langmap=ФИСВУАПРШОЛДЬТЩЗЙКЫЕГМЦЧНЯ;ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ,фисвуапршолдьтщзйкыегмцчня;abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
>
> and I also have mappings:
>
> nnoremap j gj
> nnoremap k gk
>
> the problem is that when I use cyrillic equivalents of 'j' and 'k' I get an old behavior, it looks like my bindings don't get applied. Is this expected or do I understand something wrong about how it works?

I think you should try posting this to the vim_use Google group.  It
sounds like a general Vim problem and not specific to Vim on the Mac.

Björn

Re: langmap and remappings

EGDmitry
That's a good idea, thanks. I just remembered — there was also a weird bug in MacVim so that when Dvorak langmap was applied, a lot of macvim shortcuts like cmd+s stopped working. But I think that one was closed as the one not to be fixed.