lost color highlihting in vim

Mufit Eribol
I have just set up a new server (FC3). When I connect to this server
through ssh (putty) I get no color at vi console. All config files
appear in black and white. I don't have such a problem at similarly
configured other servers (FC3). How can get color highlihghting for
configuration text files back?

Can someone pls help me?

Thanks,
mufit

Re: lost color highlihting in vim

Marian Csontos
Hi,
Creating ~/.vimrc should be enough, even empty.
W/o it vim is in vi compatible mode.

Regards

-- Marian

________ Information from NOD32 ________